Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"I Love You Lots of Some"

There is something about summertime. Parker's skin gets darker, his hair gets blonder, and maybe it is just me but I would swear his eyes are bluer.
My life was changed almost four years ago, when I had my Parker P. He was an unexpected miracle. My first few months were hard to adjust to motherhood. He actually did not call me "Momma" until he was almost 2! We went on a trip to Texas to visit my sister and her family. That was the pivotal moment in our relationship. We finally bonded as mother and son. We have been so close every since. There is no doubt that God gave me this child to love in a special unconditional way. The love a mom experiences is like no other. He was riding his "bus" the other day and looked back at me and smiled. The way he looked at me made my heart smile. It was almost like he was telling me how happy he was through that big smile. Parker is such a "quirky" kid. He came up with the phrase, "I want lots of some." I love this phrase and the thinking behind it! In our house we now say, "I love you lots of some." Parker will start Pre-K this fall. What a bitter-sweet feeling it is! I can not wait to see my lil' man grow up but at the same time I wish he would stay this size forever! Conner and Carson are so blessed to have such a great big brother. And Craig and I are so blessed to have such a unique amazing little boy! I love being a mom!!!

2 comments:

  1. A sweet little saying and only you know what it really means. Precious post Amanda!
    My grandaughter's saying is, "There's no reason for to do." LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I LOVE this! One of my favorite quotes is "It's the merry hearted boys that make the best of me." We're making some pretty awesome men. :) <3 you, and Parker P.

    ReplyDelete